Monday, November 17, 2008

Being watched

My first observation today since I've been fully-fledged. This is how it went:

...well actually, just don't ask. There were elements of :

*lateness (we started the class on time with just one student)

*poor communication (I was expecting him for the more endearing morning class; he arrived for the unenthusiastic afternoon class)

*unwarranted cannine visitations (two students arrived with a dog in tow - huh??)

*cannabis (by the time I got my verbal feedback at 3pm the observer was complaining of feeling woozy, having spent an hour breathing in the druggy fumes coming off the two boys opposite him).

So, apparently I'm just satisfactory with good aspects.
'But I wanted to be totally good!' I wailed pathetically. He just breathed the cannabis right back at me and stumbled out into the rain.

4 comments:

Casdok said...

Well i think you are totally great!!

And maybe when he feels better he will have a rethink!

Penny A said...

Being Observed is the most awful teaching experience imaginable. If you got someone to say anything good about it at all, I'd say you were doing very well! Only take notice if Observer comes up with truly practical alternatives to what is supposed to have gone for a burton...

Karen said...

The cannabis must have got him! Your ARE great to be doing what you're doing in the first place :o)

Honeysuckle said...

Thanks everyone, having always been told 'satisfactory' is verging on unsatisfactory (definition) I was a bit disappointed but hey, I'm still in employment...

Penny - no practical alternatives offered. I bet that surprises you...!